Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 AM
SheilaS

Thanks to all the wonderful ladies who responded to my request for help in picking which new embroidery/quilting machine to buy. It certainly stirred up alot of passion and revealed lots of quirks with both machines, that you don't find out from the dealers. I decided to do what most of you suggested and selected the one that I felt most comfortable with. You also recommended buying from a reputable dealer that offered lots of education and service, which I did! So I am about to become the proud owner of a Pfaff Creative 2.0, accompanied by the quilting table and 1/4 inch quilting foot. After extensively playing with both machines I found the user interface on the Pfaff quicker and easier to use than the Topaz 30; also the 9mm stitching vs 7mm on the Topaz; an accessory box that comes around the front of the machine to increase the sewing area; a better buttonhole foot assembly; a nicer buttonhole stitch; plus the IDT. All minor things, but they impressed me. The Topaz is prettier and someday I may wish I had the huge 360 x 200 hoop, but I'm happy with my decision and can't wait to get it. Fingers crossed I don't get a lemon and have many years of trouble free sewing. For you Pfaff owners who had trouble with thread always coming off the take-up lever - recent machines in Australia now come with a new take-up lever, that is much tighter and has a clip on it to prevent the thread coming out. My dealer actually showed me the two levers, maybe you could ask to have the new lever fitted to your machine, if you are still having problems. Happy sewing everyone!!