Old 09-26-2010, 06:15 AM
mar32428

Originally Posted by Nancy11442
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I wonder if I am the only who once in awhile struggles with something I shouldn't. I was fnishing a UFO top called Heart Patches. I have made it before with absolutely no problems. It went together like a dream.
This top I wanted to just chuck in the trash(It is still tempting!). It has 18 hearts which each have 6 hst and a rectangle, and it has 34 4-patches and 34 squares. This shouldn't be any big deal, but I struggled with my points matching and my seams matching. The only thing I can come up with is that one of the fabrics stretched.

Have you ever had an experience like this? Can you tell about it? My sister says I am anal about matching seams, but it is extremely frustrating. When I can stand to look at it, I will take a picture and post.
I too have a pattern that I'm struggling with. I've made this top multiple times...it's not difficult. It's a type of bargello but looks like a Trip Around the World. I started this one, got off track or something, misplace a strip or something, the whole thing was off. I started ripping after I found out what was wrong. Finally finished that ripping stuff, put it on design wall and there it hangs. I don't want to even touch the thing. I loved the fabric, love the pattern but am so disgusted with it and myself I can't stand to even touch it!! I know, I know, I'm nuts but that's how I feel. I need to finish it so keep looking at it and telling myself to "Just Do It" but so far......
Now pack it away for six months and forget it. You'll be rested by then and six months smarter.