View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Dobbie

Don't beat yourself up!! I am spoiled because when my Mom passed away a few years ago I was able to purchase a longarm machine...I am hoping to really get my business going soon..but I bet you can find a longarmer in your area....I let folks pay in 3 parts and I am thinking of just charging what we agree on....not the per square inch...plus a 5$ thread charge and setting up, etc....it all does add up so that is why we want to be fair in our charge and respect your work at the same time with a great design...maybe someone in your area also will let you rent their longarm per hour or day..I am seriously thinking of doing that for people. In this day, quilting is becoming even more appealing due to our return to true values .... but is is good for me to know that others struggle with getting the top finished before moving to another....I had to make it a determined spirit in me to complete each one at a time, then move on...too overwhelming if there are tops not finished...it is like an attic!!..just up there, filling up! Have a quilting blessing today! Kari