View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Nolee

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
Originally Posted by Honey
I do very simple quilting on the smaller quilts, but I must confess, that I take my bigger quilts to someone else for quilting. Then I bring them home and bind them. I know that it is cheating to do this, but I'm just not ready to quilt a large quilt.
Cheating???? I don't think so. Trying to quilt a large top on a small machine is very difficult (and my hands are too old for that much hand work). I wish I knew someone in my area well enough to trust my tops to them.
:oops:
Funny that your name is Paula. My machine quilter's name is Paula and I found her through the local quilt shop. They had a lot of cards but told me who was the very best and they were right. I never spend a $5 bill when I have one, an old savings tip from my Mom, and put that bill in a teapot every week to pay for the long-arm quilter OR go to my local quilt shop with a long-arm and do it myself. It's only $15 an hour and you can usually get one done in two hours.

It's just not my thing unless it is a very small project. I've wasted too much time ripping a mess out that it is worth it to me. We all spend $5 a week on something we don't need at the grocery store; I just decided to set my priorities.