Old 09-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by AlwaysJustBeth
Hi! My name is Beth and I'm new here. I'm not sure if this is where I write my post or not. LOL!!!
I found this Board the other day while looking for something else and noticed the Vintage Machine section. I've been reading ever since.
About 12 years ago I found my Singer treadle at a garage sale for $25.00. We put the belt on and it worked but I've never done anything with it.
I cannot find out what kind it is. The serial number is 3149690 which makes year of issue 1879 but there is a panel next to the needle bar that says "Patented USA Aug 2nd 92".
I meant to take pix earlier when it was light out but forgot.
Shopped today for the cleaning items and a leather shoelace to replace the belt I broke last night :( (It was really brittle.)
Thanks for the GREAT board!
Beth
Well it is nice to have you in the shop Beth!!! We would love to see photos of your machine (we always love the photos) and maybe we can shed some light on it for you. I know the plate that your talking about and through the years they came up missing or was just to loose to stay in place and the plates would be replaced.

But I think its funny that you found our forum and got sucked in the the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Vortex!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly its like the "Hotel California"once you check in you never can check out!

Billy