View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 03:32 PM
renee765

I just got the new kindle for $139. I had waited until the price came down, so when it did I took the chance and ordered it.

I have found that I like it more than I thought I would! I read a lot of fiction and spiritual/new age thinking books like from Eckert Tolle and Brian Weiss. I really enjoy having access to those books wherever I am, whithout having to remember to bring the books with me. With the spiritual books, having read them once I still like to go back and read certain sections for more thought and contemplation, and if I wanted to do that with paper books, I'd be carrying a big stack of books with me wherever I go.

I've been able to find fiction books for under $3 that are pretty interesting, and by new authors I probably wouldn't have read otherwise. My favorite fiction authors are still pretty high for current books on the kindle, so I haven't really ordered any of them yet.

And, being a quilter, I think I have a predisposition toward gadgets anyway, and the kindle is a great gadget!