View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 03:51 PM
CoyoteQuilts

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
The problem is with much use the blade needs changing and it is impossible to remove the present one and put a new on in the cutter..................... She also confirmed my discovery that it was a left handed screw.................. The screw that is supposed to loosen to make possible changing the blade will not budge even with all of the tools in our garage. I tried to contact the company through their web site but it doesn't seem to do anything but advertize. Any suggestions?
I, too, had this problem with this cutter the first time I changed the blade. Keep working on the screw and make sure you turn it like you are tightening it to take it off. It is made so that it won't come loose with use. You may have tightened it so tight while trying to get it off. I turned mine so far I thought I'd never get it off! Also, they say that you can not use any other blades but the Martinelli in them, well I can tell you that's wrong! I use what ever blade that is on sale in all of my cutters including the Harbor Freight ones..... Good luck getting the thing to come apart, I know how frustrating it can be.......