View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
EmsMom

Thank you all so much for your encouragement, help and great instructions! It is greatly appreciated. I also appreciate all the pics -- all of the quilts are beautiful. I might just have to stay up and do some while my daughter is sleeping I am so excited to start.

Deb - I presume that is your granddaughter in your quilt pic -- she is absolutely adorable! You can tell she absolutely adores the quilt!

Patti - it is nice to meet another "neighbor". We are in the Ridgefield area. I will definitely let you know if I need assistance. Thanks so much for offering. I am actually the exact same fabrics for the back. I "cheated" and bought my blocks already cut, in a "kit", off of ebay. So, I bought two of the same kit of fabrics. I just thought for me it might be easiest that way for my first quilt.

grammamel - I am sure there is someone here that can answer your question re: minky better than I since I am new as well. I can tell you that it is very soft and even though it doesn't "fray" like cotton or flannel is does "curl". From what I can tell - using Minky is more of a personal choice.