View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 05:42 PM
mollymct

I just received a Kindle as a birthday gift a few weeks ago. It was a surprise, and I really wasn't sure about it to tell the truth. I have no clue about the other devices because I never shopped for one. I use the library a lot and didn't want to HAVE to buy books. Also, I was terriified that I would break the Kindle and didn't use it until I could make a cover. There wasn't much of a selection for covers for the new model a few weeks ago and since I wasn't sure I liked it, I didn't want to pay for a cover!

Things I like:

I felt a lot better about the Kindle when I found lots of free books. Also, I can load them laying in bed straight from the "Kindle Store" wirelessly.

I also like that there is a substantial sample to read for most books.

I have not had to charge it once since it was received, so it will be nice to charge it and not have to worry about packing a charger for trips.

I am a reader who often takes three or four books along so I can read what I'm in the mood for. The Kindle will be much nicer to pack.

So, not a lot of advice from me, since I'm still getting used to my e-reader. I like it much better with a cover-- it's much more like holding a real book and more protected.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106927.jpe   attachment-106928.jpe