Old 09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
CAROLJ

Originally Posted by bronald
earlier on in the month I was only eating 1000 calories a day and I stayed the same. I've started to eat about 1240 and now am loosing again. I think you have a point Missy, at least that's how it worked for me.
I averaged 931 calories a day this month. My exercise routine burns about 350 calories daily at my target weight of 125. And a bit more at my current weigt. I was at 1200, but I took a hefty reduction in calories due to medication. My medication slows my metabolism, so in order to lose, I needed to lower my calories. I'm afraid to increase my calories as I don't want to gain. I do have one day a week where I eat more, last week I went up to 1,600+ calories for that day. Most of the time I'm not hungry, I eat a lot of salads, apples, and veggies. They fill you up.

I was down 8 pounds by the 17th,but I have gained 3 the next day and stayed here for the last two weeks.

But on the positive, I'm down from a 20w/ 22w to a 16/16w. I have given about a dozen pairs of pants to a charity thrift. My shoes are also getting to big for me, I gave away two pairs, and threw away a third pair because they no longer fit. I am now wearing clothes that I wore about 10 years ago. I had gotten rid of most of them, but I kept a few timeless pieces, that I really liked. I lost weight so fast this summer that I skipped over my size 18's. Some of the clothes I had I can still wear, they just look better. And some of my t-shirts I use for exercising and they now sag on me.

I can't buy new clothes yet, I have to save a bit first. I thought I would go down and have a a few pieces altered. That doesn't cost as much as new. I don't really want to make a big investment in a lot of clothes as I need to get to a 10/12, and I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe now and again then. But I will have to buy new bras here pretty soon.