Old 09-27-2010, 04:18 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by deedum
Gee, I was in a fabric store yesterday, and a lady asked me if I was a quilter? I hestitated, then said "yes"! I had to think about it, am I a quilter I asked myself? I am not your traditional quilter, I have machine quilted about 8 lapquilts, one full size, about as many baby quilts. Along with a few table runners and more in progress! I have two lap quilts waiting to be finished, and just started on another full size quilt. I love scrappies and like to do my own thing with designs. I have managed to collect a sewing room full of fabric, tools and etc. I also like to sew projects for babies and other sewing things. Gee, guess that makes me some kind of quilter after all!
That sounds like me. I tell everyone I am a novice quilter because that's what I consider myself. My DDIL took me to a new quilt shop the other day and the proprietor asked me if I was a quilter. I always have to think about it because I don't always do things in the traditional way, I machine piece, machine quilt and machine embroider on many of my projects, but I am still a quilter. When I told the lady what I have made, she said I am not a novice. I still have trouble wrapping my mind around that.