View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
I hadn't drank soda in a just over a month. Well had to go out Friday and 7-up 2liters were on sale for 79cents. So I treated myself and bought 2.I am now just finishing the second botlle and thinking , Dang my legs and feet are really swollen and hurt. Need to lay down. Thought what have I done differently lately. Soda pop!! And my headache has also returned. Now I was drinking kool-aid during the non soda month, because I had been sick and unable to get out any way. My blood pressure had dropped and didn't need my meds. My sugar was low and didn't need the pills. Just from drinking these 2 botlles of soda these past 3 days , I find my sugar level elevated, and had to take a pill. My blood pressure is up and had to take my meds. My legs and feet are killing me , so I will take something for pain and the nagging headacheI am now suffering from. This will be the last soda I drink , I felt better without it!
I don't drink soda of any kind, no sugar filled drinks. I drink decaf iced tea with lemon during the day, after 2 pm I drink water with lime juice, and at "wine o'clock" I have my daily glass of white wine. Can't drink red wine because of allergies. I don't eat processed foods with all the chemicals in them. I grow my own herbs and use them often. I can't do anything with MSG, again because of my allergies. If you read your packages it is in most of the junk you buy. If you watch your packages you will find the sodium content is usually very high. I have very few migraine headaches since I changed my way of eating. And I feel so much better. You have to find what works for you.