Old 09-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

This is the first time I have ever hosted a quilt retreat. So needless to say I was nervous! We had 4 ladies and myself and we had a lot of fun! I loved meeting some more board members and we had a great group of ladies. There was lots of laughter and plenty of quilt talk! We all agreed it could have been longer.
I didn't take pictures of us sewing but Abby (Quiltmom's daughter) did. So when I get those I will add them in. Here are the pics I do have to share.

BTW they promise a cookie jar in every room!! And we did all have one!
My DH and I stayed in room 2 in the Wash House. Betty and Sue stayed in the first floor room in the Inn and Margaret and Abby enjoyed the Caboose. They let me look through it and is so unique!! Such fun to stay there!

This caboose sits at the right hand end of the Wash House.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110907[/ATTACH]

The bridge is a walk on only and it is directly across the road from the Inn. I took this from the edge of the Inn's yard
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110908[/ATTACH]

This little house sits just to the right of the bridge.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110909[/ATTACH]

This row of stores sits across the road to the left of the Inn. There is a Hand painted signs shop and Grief's General Store that sells antiques and hand made items. And then there is a little store that sells fudge and pop and ice cream, At the end is the Iron and Lace store where they demonstrate and sell pottery and Ironworks. Betty and her daughter Sue got to watch a class on making iron hangers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110910[/ATTACH]

Mason House Inn B & B in Bentonsport Iowa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111471[/ATTACH]

From the side you can see down the street.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111519[/ATTACH]

The Inn and you can see the Wash House that is added on the right hand side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111543[/ATTACH]

The Wash House where Glen and I stayed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111544[/ATTACH]

Then we went to Cantril Iowa to the Dutchman's Store. They are a Mennonite family owned business. It is an old fashioned store that caters to the local Amish and Menonnite community. They have boots and toys and household goods and bulk grocery and local produce and locally hand made products like chairs and wind chimes and bird houses etc,. They have one section that is all fabric. The fabric averages about $4 to $5 a yd. Here we are! On the left in front is Abby(Margaret's daughter) and on the right is Susan(Betty's daughter) On the left in the back row is Betty and me in the middle with Margaret on the right. I think everyone enjoyed the store.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111606[/ATTACH]

This is the desk and cutting table at the front of the fabric side of the store, The kind lady standing to the back of the table took our picture for us. The little girl who is learning to cut fabric for customers was so kind. My cart disappeared( Margaret didn't know it was my cart! LOL) and this girl surprised me by coming up with another one she had gone and gotten for me. Such a sweet little girl.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111607[/ATTACH]

Here is our bed with the quilt and pillow shams. The night stand on the left is an antique wringer washer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111610[/ATTACH]

This is my side of the bed. The stand on the right is a stand for two tubs for washing clothes and there is a wringer at the top in the middle. My mom just bought one like this a few weeks ago. I think they are so interesting! But glad I never had to use one. Tho I did use a hand wringer washer as a kid.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111657[/ATTACH]

This is the opposite side of our room. My DH Glen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111659[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110902.jpe   attachment-110903.jpe   attachment-110904.jpe   attachment-110905.jpe   attachment-111466.jpe  

attachment-111514.jpe   attachment-111538.jpe   attachment-111539.jpe   attachment-111601.jpe   attachment-111602.jpe  

attachment-111605.jpe   attachment-111652.jpe   attachment-111654.jpe