Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 AM
heidikins

I am doing the BOM by Wing and A Prayer called Back To Nature in the tonga prints. It is coming along quite will until.....the center medallion block. The exact center which is squared to 13 1/2 came out perfectly but when I went to add on the diamonds in the corners, well, that whole unit is too large. The set in seams were perfect too! Has anyone had this same problem? I have taken apart the diamonds, double checked them with the template I cut and also the pattern template and they are perfect. Re starched them VERY carefully (checked them again with the template) and resewed. The first time I used a scant quarter inch. The second time I used a whole quarter inch. That corner is still too large. So I was just wondering if anyone else came across this too and what they did to remedy the problem. I'm not that anal about it that I can't leave it but if there was another solution I would like to try that first. Oh, and I did see if there were any corrections to the pattern-nope. Feel free to pm me if you prefer. Thank you for any input!
Heidi