Old 09-27-2010, 11:56 AM
tlrnhi

The $20 limit is set because of financial hardships that some people have. Also, the suggestion of repurposing too. I know I have some things I have bought, put them in my room only to find it again and ask myself "why did I buy this?" Then I usually find someone I know that can use it...so, repurposing is a good thing.
Everyone should be grateful for what they receive. I know it makes some sad when they see that others get more, but there's nothing anyone can do. If someone wants to be a bit more generous, it happens and I'm sorry it happens.
I, for one, am one that buys little things here and there just for Secret Santa/Secret Sister and things like that. I have a box full of little things I pick up for just a few dollars where ever I go. Then when packages need to be sent out, I can be a little more generous because I've been shopping all year. Just something my Mommy taught me.

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
I will try to join also. Will pm you a little later. I hope I don't sound too grumpy saying this, but when you said in the rules section that some are "just more generous than others" it made me a little sad. I'm ok financially right now, but I know that others are hurting. The lack of generosity may be due to financial hardships not just lack of desire to do more! So saying that, I want to let you know that I think you do a great job of hosting and I for one want to THANK YOU!
Hopefully will be able to sign up a little later. Connie P