Old 09-27-2010, 12:13 PM
starshine

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
I will try to join also. Will pm you a little later. I hope I don't sound too grumpy saying this, but when you said in the rules section that some are "just more generous than others" it made me a little sad. I'm ok financially right now, but I know that others are hurting. The lack of generosity may be due to financial hardships not just lack of desire to do more! So saying that, I want to let you know that I think you do a great job of hosting and I for one want to THANK YOU!
Hopefully will be able to sign up a little later. Connie P
The way the statement sounded to me "some are just more generous" was regarding if someone spent more than the limit it was that person's choice and others should not feel they have to spend more, and should try not to be envious if someone received a gift of greater value.

Maybe I have it wrong but my understanding of having a limit doesn't mean you Have to spend at least that much and more, or Even that you Have To Spend That Much, but rather you should not spend more than that. If someone sent a gift that was $17.50 that should be fine, if they spent $5 on supplies and made a gift that should be fine- especially if it would have a value of about $20. And if someone bought something on sale for 20 but its regular price is 35, would that be alright because they spent 20?
If everyone was required to spend $20 wouldn't the guideline be that the gift MUST be of $20 value.

To me the cost guideline is just a general amount so folks would be getting gifts of approximately equal value without the restriction that it MUST be x number of dollars.

Like I said maybe I have it wrong but that's how I understood the statement, and how I understand the guideline. And also to come into it with an attitude of acceptance for how it works out--as long as you receive your package. I absolutely agree that we should follow through with the commitment, excuses only for dire situations-like 6 feet under.