Old 09-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Oh, thank you for sharing. Looks like a lovely place to stay!

We have many Menonites here & a couple of stores. One is such as you have described, the other is only fabrics, shoes and bonnets. I'm surprised they let you take their pictures.

Can't wait to see pics of what you all worked on!
I took pics of the Dutchman's store a few months ago and the gal behind the counter that day refused to let me take her picture. But these ladies were really pleasant and just fine with it. The lady that is at the end behind the counter knows me from my being down there alot. She and I have talked many times this summer. so I think that helped.

I taught how to make all of my shortcut "Blocks" and then they worked on making more of each one or they worked on something they brought. We didn't really make one specific project. I do have some ideas for the next retreat to change things up some so maybe this next one I will do things abit differantly. They all went home knowing how to make each of my "blocks" so they can use that knowledge to design and make their own quilt blocks into quilts. I also included some troubleshooting ideas and prevention tips.

Abby did take some pictures of all of us at the sewing tables. When we get those then I or Margaret (Quiltmom) will post them.