Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Here is the cookie jar on the dresser. Ours were mint Oreos.

Check in was not until 3pm. After everyone was there I took us all down to Cantril. A 15 min drive. Then they shopped until 6 pm and after that we went back to Keosauqua for supper at a Pizza and Steak House. Everyone enjoyed supper and my DH likes to tell stories of his growing up with his 7 brothers and his sister. He kept everyone in stitches.(pun intended!)

On Sat after breakfast we didn't actually do any projects. I had them learn to do all 8 of my "Blocks".
It took the rest of the morning to do 5 of the Blocks. These are my cut down method which you sew together swatches and then cut out a square from it resulting in a unit I call a "Block". so I walked them through making a Boston Block and after that a Kansas Dugout and then on to making a Star Point and so on. After a sandwich lunch everyone went sightseeing and looking in all the shops. It is an historical tourist area so there are a lot of signs telling the history of the buildings and so on.
Then we finished up the last 3 "Blocks" and after that some made more of the "Blocks" and some worked on stuff they brought from home. We ordered out and Sue and I went and picked it up. Then back to whatever each one wanted to work on.
I had suggested making 4 each of 4 of the Blocks and sewing them into a 4 patch and making a small sampler out of them.
But I left it up to each one to do what she was inclined to do.

My goal wasn't to send each one home with a project but to send them home with the skills to make the "Blocks" so they can make any quilt block they want and will understand how the process works.

Abby did a lot of experimenting with the Wings block and was inventing her own patterns as she played with them. I do hope she posts some pics of what she made.

I hope everyone had a good time. We really only had Sat to sew so everyone agreed next time I need to plan it for more days and organize it a little differantly.

Cookie Jar on the dresser
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90282[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90277.jpe