Thread: ruler
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by Wanda_GA
Karla, thank you so much for the info about those shields. I just cut the side of my finger up next to my nail, it has really scared me how dangerous those blades are! I've been searching & looking everywhere & couldn't find the solution. On Soft Expressions they showed another safety called "Guidlines Finger Guard", do you know anything about those? And do you think the shields are the best? I was thinking about ordering the multi pkg. I have an AccuCutter GO, but there are still times you have to use that ruler & rotary. Thanks again.
First of all, I'm SO sorry to hear that you've cut yourself with your rotary cutter. That's awful, and must've been quite painful. Hope you're healing well.

You're welcome Wanda, but thank you too, for pointing these new finger guards out to me!! :thumbup: Now, these look like they'd be the better deal for a variety of reasons. They say they're 25 times more stronger than acrylic - which is what the other ones are made of, I believe. And, I like that these are repositionable, so they can be moved from one ruler to the other -unlike the ones I mentioned above. WOW! I like that! :thumbup: Well, at least we have some choice now.

Thanks so much for the tip! :thumbup:

Karla