Old 09-27-2010, 07:18 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by AlwaysJustBeth
Geez Nancy, yours is in great shape! I thought mine was too until I looked at it these last few days. I noticed that your decals are gold while mine have a reddish-orange tint to them. I wonder if they will turn gold when I clean them or if it is supposed to be that way. I printed the manual last night. Do you have the same attachments? I'm really intrigued by them. I found this post by Charlee http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45521-1.htm that shows other needle options. Guess I'll need to start looking for bobbins too. I did buy a new belt on ebay last night. I'm sure the leather shoestring will be integrated into one of my MANY projects that are being further delayed now that I found this shop. Beth :roll:
Beth, my machine does have the reddish-orange tint, but it is not as pronounced as yours. I didn't have to clean my Singer 9W. This is the shape it was when I bought it. Your machine is a little older than mine so maybe that made the difference or maybe mine should be more orangish? Miz Johnny could probably answer that question as she has Wheeler & Wilson machines.

No I did not get any attachments! You are really lucky that you did get the attachments!

Yes, Charlee and Billy are looking into the needle thing with the 9W machines. You are lucky you had a needle with the machine. Those 127X1 needles are very hard to find and if you do find them, you will pay through your teeth for them.

Nancy