View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 PM
twistedsheets

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
May I ask if they were sugar free or regular?
I am not sure if your referring to the soda or kool-aid. It does not matter to my body if it is the regular soda or diet it still causes me to retain water in legs and feet. Thus the swelling. Both cause my blood sugar to elevate high, there is only like a few numbers difference so I will say they tie for elevation. I bought the regualr Kool-aid and make it with sugar 1 cup per envelope. I drink 3 to 5 /12 oz cups per day and I have not had my blood sugar elevate enough to find it necessary to take the glucose tablet. I am a coffee drinker. I try to limit my intake,cause I am a coffee aholic. to not more then 2 pots a day. I will only drink 100% columbian. I have tried them all over the years. Coffee is expensive so I go with the brand of columbian that is cheapest .The last were 7.99 a 34oz can and wally brand. Taste good to me. I have not seen my blodpressure elevate from the coffee intake but I do still try to limit my intake, yes milk and sugar.Formaldehyde is used in decaf coffee. That is how they take out the caffeine. How I know is I used to haul coffee loads, and a place in San Francisco was running behind schedule of making and packing the order o load my truck. Since they were short of help that day. I have experience in working a line in food processing and packaging , and I was invited on a tour. Told the manager reminded me of when I worked in some places I named off. Well needless to say he paid me to to help that day so they could get my load proceessed and packaged. I took a nap while they loaded my truck, and away I went. too much editing , again my tylenol pm is starting to work.