View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 03:52 AM
OmaForFour

I straighten up every a.m. and dust/vac etc when needed. With just two of us and our puppies, who don't shed, the house stays pretty good.
However, I need to get rid of a couple of other irons in the fire that have been taking too much of my time lately - chores I took on for a museum mostly. I worked the past two days to get rid of them.
I am working on a beautiful quilt w/tulips in the 4 corners of each block and sashing in between. The colors are offwhite/spring green/crocus purple - all solid Konas. I am doing it in panels and sewing them directly to the batting and backing - sort of quilt as you go. I will be doing some hand quilting of a design on the sashing, maybe a feather or a heart border type pattern. This is queen size because it is for my 10 y.o. GD and she has an antique white iron bed.
I already have a top made for my GS in royal blue/white bears paw & flying geese border. This also has sashing which I will hand quilt on. This one was all together before I hit on the idea of putting the panels directly on the backing/batting. I will stitch in the ditch to hold the panels and then do the borders and sashing.
SOOOO I better not get involved in anything else although my husband has been asking me about bows for Christmas wreaths for the boy scouts. So far he has only asked me how to make them. I got him some instructions off the web. LOL