Old 09-28-2010, 04:43 AM
wilhelmina

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thanks Meredith...I'm leaning more that direction at this point and its probably what I'll end up doing. Funny how the red looks so fantastic with yours...not the same effect with mine. I guess its the black vs. the brown and the actual red that you are using vs. the one I cut. I love yours! I'm thinking my Chocolate wants some vanilla cornerstones to go with it :wink:
For me, it seemed the red cornerstones were saying "Look at me" then your blocks said "No! My stage, look at ME!" so I like the vanilla the best, as they visually pushed the blocks forward while adding more interest to the overall appearance. I would like all chocolate too, I think that is the real winner with your blocks, it truly sets them them all off! :)

It is funny, as I would never ever have expected to go with black sashing and red cornerstones when I started my Jane. :lol:

I would like to think about a second Jane, more scrappy but with a color theme. Although a second one would be more relaxed, as in skipping all those appliqued melons, and maybe altering some of the blocks, that were less than fun. Once you know you can finish them, it doesn't seem like a violation, does it???? :D