Old 09-28-2010, 03:36 PM
ArtisticDesign

Hi,
I'm truly frustrated..I have a new inexpensive singer 2273 (esteem 2).I went to buy a walking foot for it as well as FMQ foot (too inexperienced to have tried that one yet)..I have read my sewing machine book cover to cover..wrote the model # down etc.
Joanns only sold walking feet through their Viking sewing center...I told the Lady what model machine I had etc (she sold the exact same walking foot to my cousin who has an older kenmore- it works great on her machine)..
What it's doing> I went to quilt my first quilt and I could barely push the sandwich under the walking foot.... I went to youtube and researched...Found out that your lever that lifts the foot will actually lift a little higher but needs to be held in that postion...This is the only way I can get the quilt sandwhich under the foot.
I also found out that you can adjust the down pressure (for lack of a better word lol) of your foot- how hard the foot is pressing against your fabric... The video showed where that foot pressure adjustment was located on 3 different machines (not mine) and I cant find the adjust ment anywhere even after rereading my book...
Sorry if I have over explained...I just wanted to give you enough info....Anyone have this kind of machine? or possibly know what the problem is?...I wanna quilt! lol