View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Robinlee

I completed this last Thursday, Sept. 22nd. I started this in June or July of 1980 and pregnant with first daughter. When I pulled it out last January to finish after having moving it from one house to the next and I am going to guess that was at least 10 times, since 1980. My daughter will turn 30 in December, so It's officially 30's old.

These are scraps of my 4-H projects for 9 years and Jr and Sr high Home Ec. classes, (two prints were donated from my mom to remind me where I got my sewing capibilities from - dresses she had me and sisters when I was
6 years). 5" squares that were cut with a 5" square of cardboard and marked with a blue ink pin. I had all but about five 9-patches sections completely sewn together. Left it with a LAQ about 2 weeks ago and thoughts as to what I wanted for design. The thread was a varigated colors of what I could remember from the 1970's colors. I hope you will be able to see the flowers and scriggalies of stitches. It looks great on my bed and my daughter Kristin just loves it and wants it on her list of inheritance stuff. Course her 30th birthday is coming up, so who knows, she might get it earlier.

My next thoughts and plans are to create a journal of all the photo's of the clothing I had made in those years. It's going to take some digging through loads of photo's, but I know if I find my 4-H record book, I will find most of them. Just can't wait to start. So many memories in this quilt.

My 4-H quilt memories
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103252[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103247.jpe   attachment-103248.jpe