Old 09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by madamish
I would like to try machine quilting on my Pfaff Creative. The book I'm reading on machine quilting says to use a walking foot -- I looked in my Pfaff manual, and saw nothing about a walking foot. I called a local Pfaff dealer, and the person told me that I should have one "built in" to my machine. I don't know what this means. Does it mean I can just go ahead and quilt with the regular presser foot? I don't have to do anything different? Any advice appreciated.
This topic has really gone in weird directions. My advice would be to make a sample quilt sandwich and practice. If you have problems then I would call a dealer!
Sadiemae, she can't attach a separate walking foot to the Pfaff 7570 it has the IDT which is the walking foot. It is the black lever type thing behind the sewing needle and you just snap it down towards the needle and off you go. You normally quilt with the regular pressure foot or the 1/4 in. foot. Basically she needs the books for the machine to explain how everything works.
I Know I have several machines including this one! I was simply triyng to give good advice without anymore arguing about it. I edited it, so there would be no confusion in my advice!!