Old 09-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Sandy1951

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Debbie B
Was wondering about the white one towards the bottom. How old is that one & what type of machine. It's very pretty.
That is a Singer 500A, to me that was the ultimate Singer machine made. That machine was built in 1962 and I would put it up against any machine out there.

Billy
Hey, Billy. I also have a Singer 500A. Mine's been sitting for a while and needs a good cleaning. We moved last January and I'm FINALLY getting my sewing/quilting area set up. I have an old Singer table that was my aunt's and my "Rocketeer" fits in it perfectly. I really should refinish the table, but probably won't do it now...maybe next summer.

I also have a Featherweight, a Singer Model 66, and a Singer 99. The Featherweight sews beautifully (of course!), but the 66 and 99 need some work. Someone put the 66 and 99 in the upper storage area of the garage when we moved; my hubby is supposed to bring them in the house so I can at least clean and set them up in my sewing room. Hopefully we can get both of them running so I can use them.

I like how you've got yours displayed. Thanks for sharing!

Sandy