Thread: Shop Hop
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Corry

Originally Posted by harrishs
Just returned from a 4 state, 12 Quilt Shop Hop by bus! It was my first---started in Lucus Iowa----what fun! Shops were wonderful, spent too much, and slept too little.......worth every minute! Best part is that I did it with my sister.
Our local sewing group here in south Florida has a shop hop every year and we have sooooo much fun! I so look forward to it each year. We rent a bus and about 25 or 30 ladies go for the day and we visit several quilt stores we have pre-arranged to visit. They always make sure they have exrtra help for our visit and even had little gift bags for each of us. We stopped for lunch at a Golden Corral which was pre-arranged. What a nice time. Our group leader even had some games we played, like quilting questions. I save some money back for this trip. Last year I hit the "Mother load" of horse fabrics in Rockledge Florida! I spent well over $100 there. It was so funny....all the ladies knew I love horses and when they saw some horse fabrics they would call out my name....."Corry"!!! So my name was called out from different parts of the store as they found fabrics they knew I would like. Lots of giggling and laughter...what a great trip. Yes, shop hops are great. If you haven't been on one you have to go.