Thread: Ages
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 AM
laurlync

I am 45 and just started quilting earlier this year and I LOVE IT! I first learned to sew when I was probably 7 or 8. I made clothes for my Barbies. Later I sewed clothes and remember one summer, when I was around 19, my mother supplied all the fabrics and I made both of us several shorts and tops sets. I wish I had started quilting when I was younger before my Grannie passed away. She taught me to crochet when I was young. She also quilted and would have loved to teach me this wonderful hobby as well.

I have two sons, ages 24 and 22. My 22 yo just recently got engaged and will be getting married in April. I am thrilled that I can make them a quilt for a wedding gift. I am also going to make a signature quilt for the reception. I also decorate cakes, so I will be making the wedding cake and the grooms cake. Oh, yeah! I also do decorative painting, but I don't have anything planned using that hobby.

I don't think that we should choose our hobbies based on our ages, but we should choose them based on our interests.