View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 12:45 PM
lpnut

I have been quilting for less than a year. I was taught how to sew clothes from my mother when I was a child so my skills are not advanced.I am a self taught quilter. I have been either tying or attempting to stitch in the ditch my quilts with not so great results. I wanted a frame but not the BIG expense. Did lots of looking around on the web and finally bought the multi frame. I used it for the first time today. Now after reading the posts and not sure what to expect I was ready for lots of grumbling and cursing. Well let me tell you I am very pleased with the results. I am doing a practice quilt and have tried different things on it, stippling, echo, patterns.... All with good results. I have the pvc rolls on both sides of the sewing machine. Once I relaxed it was very fluid and enjoying. It is on the 42 inch frame at this time so I am not sure if I will get the same results on my next project which is on a 64 inch frame. Right now I am set up at my sewing table so I will probably have to move to the kitchen table which has more room. But over all I am very pleased. I do not compare my work to pros. or to people that have been quilting a long time. I give my quilts to people I care about. There are always mistakes to be found. There was no puckering and it all ended up even. Over all I am very pleased with this frame. :thumbup: