Thread: Ages
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 AM
stefanib123

You know, I don't get that from people about quilting. I did get a little flack about scrapbooking though! People thinks its just paper and pictures, and its so much more than that!

I get comments like "I wish *I* had time to do stuff like that", well, you have time to watch t.v, don't you? If you like something you MAKE time for it.

And I have one brother in law that is a pain in the butt. He has said many comments to me about "wasting" money on all the scrapbooking paper I have, etc. My sister is a scrapbooker, so he is always riding her about it. If I was her, I'd slap him sometimes!

But, with the quilts, its different.I always get compliments, etc. Maybe because people see quilts as something that everyone uses, its an actual "useful" item? And scrapbooks are just to look at?

The only people I get funny comments from about my age(I'm 35) are usually other quilters! There's a couple that hang out at the quilt shop that are always acting like "younger" people don't know anything about quilting. Of course, I help enforce that stereotype, as I am a "newbie", but theres a LOT of young quilters that are very, very advanced.

Thank God those types are few and far between! Most quilters are very happy to help a newbie, and don't assume that just because someone is young they are inexperienced.