View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 AM
moonangel12

Originally Posted by wolfkitty
I like that each piece has meaning for you! I looks like you did a good job on it. It's the love you put in it when you made it that counts! I like the cow print - would you mind telling me what that means to you? (I had a co print phase.) And any of the others you might want to share? The first quilt I made was made from leftovers from clothing that I had made for my husband and myself. I tied that one, too, since I didn't know anything about actual quilting at the time.
Oh sure! I can tell more about it! I tend to be a "talker" so I try not to overdo it unless asked :wink:

-The cow and John Deere prints are b/c he grew up helping his grandfather on the farm and feels that has shaped his life more than any other experience in his life... his grandparents mean a LOT to him. Also a funny cow story with me that he will never let me live down... I was helping him gets some cows up when we first started dating. He told me to just stand at the gate to make sure they went in. I had never been that close to a cow, I guess I never realized how big they were. Anyway, when they came running towards me, I got scared and hid behind a bush/tree which he found absolutely hilarious!
-The stars and stripes were b/c we met/started dating in July.
-The outdoorsy one was the only one I could find with fish in it at the time, and he's a fisherman.
-The music instruments b/c we met at music camp (did long distance the first 3 years, not easy when starting out I was only 15 with no license and he was 16 and couldn't drive over state lines by himself (not sure if that was the state law, or his moms).
-The angels in the corner b/c I was going to a school where that was the mascot.
-The "love" one, well, that's kind of obvious I guess.
-The winter one, I think it was b/c we had finally played in the snow together?? When dating LD we never had that opportunity.
-The light blue text/snowflake is Christmas sayings, which is our favorite holiday and also when I gave him the quilt.