Old 09-29-2010, 09:51 AM
madamish

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Candace
No, the dual feed foot is different than the walking foot at least for my 830 it is.
Just to make sure we are talking apples and apples. Here is the IDT (the black hook'em under the foot thingamagig):
http://www.pfaff.com/us/195.html

There is no way that you could even add a traditional walking foot to that. Like I said - mine works super with all layers.

One of the ladies in my quilting class has a 7570 and she is having trouble with her free motion quilting (darning) foot. The IDT seems to get in the way and she is going to have to figure out if maybe she has the wrong foot.
I am almost afraid to say thing. But, if I am not really confused-when you use the darning foot/quilting foot for free motion, you unhook that IDT (the black hook'em under the foot thingamagig). It should say in the book, but I am simply too lazy to go check.
Okay, I've gone to examine my sewing machine, and I do see that the black hook'em thing (which I never paid much attention to before) is the thing that serves as a walking foot. And yes, it does simply unhook from the foot, and retract up and back, to be out of the way when one uses the darning foot. Thank you very much for the clarification! I now know what I'm doing!