Old 09-29-2010, 12:58 PM
starshine

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
Per conniequilts, I also am one that is not able to afford over $20, and included the mailing! but if its a problem, I will gladly cancel out of this secret pal santa. I have a fixed income, and have to watch what and how I spend!
so I think all it takes is a little creativity. :)

Exactly.

The other tip is find light weight things to save on shipping. The heavier it is the more it cost. I learned that the hard way. Also if there is a book in the package it is considered media mail. All you have to do is write MEDIA MAIL next to where the postage would go. Ask me how I know? I now try to include a book or magazine in all my mailings. What it cost in the regular postage by having it media mail I could use the money to buy the book or magazine. Hope I explained that correctly.
MEDIA MAIL can only be used for BOOKS AND DVD, (the media mail was set up for educational materials-as explained to me by post office when I was sending some magazines), you can not even have a note or letter included to send Media Mail. However, The post office does have Fixed Rate boxes for Priority Mail and you can use them for heavy items for domestic mail. You could send a book in a pkg. by itself Media Mail and other items in a separate package.