View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 04:22 PM
peaceandjoy

And how good are the rider's eyes?

I've asked Gail to make a label, and she asked for a picture, so...

This project has more problems in it than every other project I've ever done combined. But with over 2,000 pieces and two days of working on it with a machine that was naughty (forever gone from my life and on to somebody who is willing to "fiddle" with it...), it is what it is. I had to decide - pitch it, start over, or leave it as is - which is what I decided to do.

The pattern is "Carolina Christmas" by Bonnie Hunter. I rarely name a quilt beyond something interesting like "Cow for McKinnly." This one is going to be "Yearning for an Old-Fashioned Christmas," like when I was little. Presents were few, but all of my aunts, uncles and cousins gathered for the day. So long ago that my job was always to remove the seeds from the Emperor grapes (no seedless grapes available then) for the fresh fruit salad that was a huge treat during winter.

Or maybe the Christmases we had when the girls were little and a stocking full of little trinkets and odds and ends thrilled them. I miss my girls.

The lighting isn't great - dh didn't get home until after dark and at 95" x 95", it is hard to hold up!

Flash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114103[/ATTACH]

No flash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114104[/ATTACH]

Close up of two blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114105[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-114098.jpe   attachment-114099.jpe   attachment-114100.jpe