View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 08:09 AM
LogCabinLady

This is my first day to post on this board. I have read it for a long time and really enjoyed learning from each of you. I am fairly new to quilting quilts. I have made a lot of wall hangings and love that, but I just made my first quilt for a granddaughter that graduated from high school. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. I am in the process of making three more for next year's graduations. I am going to be busy. We have 21 grandchildren from ages 20 to 4.

The quilt I am making now requires 4 inch squares with a triangle in two of the opposite corners (I will take a picture soon). Since I wanted all of the squares to be a different fabric, I have been buying cut squares from ebay. I have also bought a lot of fat quarters. I find the fabrics to be very nice and the prices are less than in the store. I set in my mind what I am willing to pay, with shipping added, and stay at that maximum. I am very pleased with my purchases and the fat quarters are lower than even 99cents a piece.

I look forward to contiuning to learn from each of you and will post a picture of what I am doing so you can critique them for my.
Thanks. :D