Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM
PrettyKitty

Hi all, Hope you are all well, I haven't been around for a few days, a combination of being heartbroken, busy and other stuff.

I went to a sewing machine store today, a local place recommended to me by my Auntie Sue who is a quilter and all round expert when it comes to anything you can do with fabric and sewing machines, she's a whizz.

Anyway, having never used a sewing machine that was less than 25 years old, I am BLOWN AWAY by the ones I tried at the store today. My goodness! It is liking driving an Italian sports car when all you have driven before is a rusty old tractor. It made me realise that some of the things that I experience with my old machine should not be like that.

Well, money wise I am not going to spend a fortune. I am sensible enough to know that as a beginner, a real expensive machine would be overkill for me at this stage. But I did a car boot sale yesterday and sold a load of old junk, making a total of £90 (about $150) in cash! Plus it is my birthday tomorrow so I hope to get some cash from my Mom and Dad. I can afford a Pfaff 1122.

I am in such a quandry, as I am so broke at the moment I should really put all this money towards bills and debts. But then I think that I have had such a bloody miserable few months, I never buy anything for myself, have just split up with the love of my life and am heartbroken, why shouldn't I buy something to make me happy?

I'm sure I will go ahead and get a new machine anyway, but right now I am torn with guilt that I am being so indulgent. So I think I just need a few friendly nudges. :(
Mary