Thread: Hi From WA sate
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 PM
pennylayne

Hello! Im Juliana. I am a 25 yr old mom of two and military wife. I was blessed with 2 sewing grandmas, both quilt and one was also a seamstress. I got the best of both worlds. Been sewing since I was 5 (lacing cards) and using a machine since I was about 8. Though Garndma S wouldn't let me use the rotary cutter until I became a mom :lol: (I was soo impatient as a kid) I has been really into digital scrapbooking for the last 4 years and gotten away from sewing, though I did work as a seamstress at a local draperie shop for a year which was a blast. I just started making things for my family again.

I have quilting ADD. There are so many beautiful fabrics and patterns, I have about 5 quilts I'd love to make, and one Im working on that I've put aside so I can start another. Grandma S is sending me her copy of The underground railroad sampler so I can start on that (soooo excited!!)

We just moved up here in the spring, and with my oldest starting kindergarten this year, the long winter, and an impending deployment schedule for my husband, I am looking at a lot more time for sewwing. I am excited to have found this little circle and Can't wait to meet you all.