View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Elfi2

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
I love my scraps and crumps, as you all know from the mindless stuff I post lol. Crumps, being a word I learned here on this board lol. I assumed the crumbs were the tiny bits that you couldn't call a scrap and which I dont' throw away anymore.

One of my darling friends, knowing of my fetish, dumped some of her scraps and crumbs here. I keep the scraps from different friends seperated, as their stuff is unique to them. I can look at one of my scrap quilts and know exactly who is in them...yes, sometimes I do add and compine but mostly it is from the one person about 75%.

Because of certain circumstances, I have the need to do mindless right now, so all other started projects, that require some thought are on hold. It is nothing too serious, just some things that happen and are normal.

So here I am with my S & C (scraps and Crumps). I sewed into the wee hours of the morning as I could not sleep and was feeling quite energetic and excited at the prospect of creating something from nothing.

This is what I started with and I will call this heap Elaine.

I sorted the heap into HST (tiny), squares, long pieces etc. At that moment, I didn't have a clue what I was going to do.

Then I had it neatly piled by the sewing machine. Remember, I am not even thinking, I am just sewing here and there and I am feeling very joyful just doing that.

I knew my brain would kick in eventually as it knows what I like. It is a funny thing, you know?

I started to sew all the HST together, all sizes. Then I sewed a long sting of strips and they were going every which way but the mind was saying, " keep goiing". The strip was long and curving and etc.
Ohh, I just realise you posted a finished picture of it, I was just going to write that I would love to see it finished.... :oops: It looks very nice!!! As someone quoted to me the other day: "when life throws scraps at you - make a quilt!!!"