Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
3flowers

Oh boy, what an ordeal. I had posted requesting help and encouragement for the Carpal Tunnel dilemma. This has been 3 months in the making. First I went to a bone dr. and I should have gone to a hand dr. Then I had to wait weeks for an appt. with the nerve dr. Then wait to get back to see the bone dr.

I talked myself into just not babying it and getting on with life. It got worse.

Saw the bone dr. this AM. The diagnosis was slight carpal tunnel, arthritis, and a hot case of tendonitis in the thumb tendon where the tendon was so irritated it wouldn't stay in it's proper channel.

He gave me an injection and a brace that holds my thumb straight out out like I am hitchhiking. Said I would hate life the 3rd and 4th days before the injection was absorbed and began to work.

So here I am with my thumb out hating life already. Can't sew, can't peel the potatoes, can't curl my hair.

I'll be reading alot and watching the housework pile up, so keep posting on the Quilting Board so I have something good to read.