View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Linda B

I received a request from Jan in VA to field questions any of you might have about the quilts for soldiers in Jan's SIL's barracks in Afghanistan. A cell tower that covers her area is down and she is having some trouble with communication!

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Jan In VA has asked us to help bring some color to the soldiers' world where her SIL is to help boost morale. She needs 128 small quilts so each soldier can have one for his cot. They need to be about 45-48" by 64-68". If you can only provide a top or two, she has donations of batting and has organized some local help in finishing them. I think her goal is to send a batch in October, and again in November or December. The patterns can be very simple and should be suitable for men (there are no women in this particular group). If you do a search, she posted several pattern ideas about a month ago.

Anyway, I'll be on the board each evening for a couple of hours to see if anyone has questions. Feel free to pm me. And Jan will try to get somewhere to log on when she can. There is no way to know right now how long the cell tower will be down. As I said to her - we have become slaves to technology!!!