View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:37 PM
ShirlR

I recently completed my first machine embroidery/quilting wall hanging with the word, "Welcome" in individual large letters with embroidered flowers on the lettering. It is approx. 72" in length and 10" wide. I wanted to give our dear friends who live in another State a housewarming gift, so when they were here recently, I presented this to them as a gift from both myself and DH. On the back, I added a quilt label, and the husband of this dear couple said, "Oh, look at the back!", whereupon they both enjoyed the quilt label just as much as the front, I believe. It is a rectangle with flowers and vines as the border, and I embroidered "Made by (my name), the city and state, the date, "Presented to (name of recipients), and the message "Thanks for the memories!" because we have had and will have, in the future, many wonderful times together. I also gave them a "Memory Book" showing the stages of the construction of the wall hanging, pictures of us, etc. that they enjoyed very much. I think quilt labels are a wonderful idea, and although my future labels won't be quite so elaborate, it does preserve the history of your work.