View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Cheshirecatquilter

Originally Posted by stitchingmemories
I am feeling very inept at quilting. I mean, I can follow a pattern (piecing) but when I get to the quilting part, my work stinks! (And no I won't post a picture, I would die from embarrassment!) I can't even SID without going outside the lines forget trying to stitch a design . I need to change my username, nobody want's those kind of memories! Sorry to rant, just having a bit of a pity party! :oops:
Henry Van Dyke must have been a very wise man when he said, "Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." The same goes for sewing and quilting. Try to look at your quilting as if it was someone else having done it. Would you be unkind in assessing their efforts or would you choose to be a cheerleader for someone just starting out? I'm betting you'd be kind. And the longer you spend reading posts on this site, the more times you'll read about quilters who stockpile their pieced tops, because they are hesitant to try quilting them. You have lots of company, hon. Soon enough you will be looking back on your first attempts with fond memories and laughter.