View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by stitchingmemories
I am feeling very inept at quilting. I mean, I can follow a pattern (piecing) but when I get to the quilting part, my work stinks! (And no I won't post a picture, I would die from embarrassment!) I can't even SID without going outside the lines forget trying to stitch a design . I need to change my username, nobody want's those kind of memories! Sorry to rant, just having a bit of a pity party! :oops:
Step 1: Get some scrap fabric and sew a couple seams together or even make a grazy quilt patch.

Step 2: Take a deep breath, roll your shoulders and get relaxed.

Step 3: Lower the speed on your sewing machine.

Step 4: DON'T look at the needle...too late by that time

Step 5: Go ahead and stitch a couple lines....whatever you feel like doing.......doesn't matter...it's practice.

Step 6: Sit back with a little glass of wine - or grape jucie or water and take pride in what you have just accomplished!

In all seriousness....toss the "it's got to be perfect" idea out the window until it's a quilt that will be in a juried show...and none of mine will ever see those rooms!

Take it slow and you will soon find that you will ask yourself " Why didn I think this was soooo hard?"

And as others have suggested....don't do straight lines... unless you go slow in the beginning. It will come.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :-P