View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My DH has been telling me he saw in the news that the state of Iowa is going to ban all cell phone use while driving. I went online and all I can find is that Iowa has banned all texting while driving. Anyone know anything about this?

Any comments on your feelings about cell phones used while driving are more than welcome. I don't usually do it. I usually stop and use the phone. It annoys me to have to answer the phone while driving as I feel like I am juggling to do it. But my
DD lives on her phone with 3 kids with medical issues and one of them is her autistic son. She can only be reached on her phone. She is always on the go. So it would be a hardship for her.
While I feel for the hardship she may endure. A hands free device is what is needed. They have a system where the phone is heard through the speakers maybe that is an option for her. I carry a cell phone, but mine has an ear piece. I detest seeing drivers texting or talking while driving. I now have a permanent steel cage around my cervical spine because some lady was gabbing away while driving and rear ended me.
It only takes a minute to pull over and talk.