View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
zyxquilts

Have you ever woke up in the morning with a fully thought out quilt in your head? I did, on this past Saturday.
One of my friends had jokingly said to me at our Guild meeting last Thursday, that since I was making blocks & sending them out of state (Project Hokie Hope), I should make her a new name tag.
So I did---in my sleep! When I woke up it was all there, all I had to do was draft it out & sew it up!
Originally I was going to put it on a cord, so she could just slip it on, then I remembered that she doesn't like anything around her neck. I was going to put a pin back on it, then I saw one of the ladies at the quilt shop had a chicken pin on, that had a magnet in it. She showed me how it was also was held on with a magnet too. Eureka! I stopped by Michael's & bought some extra strong small magnets & that was that!
One problem with the magnets though.... when I was trying to sew the back on, the magnet kept sticking to the throat plate of my sewing machine! LOL But, I managed, even tho' the name tag is not exactly square anymore due to the battle. I like it tho', may just have to make a new one for me too!

I don't understand why the pics are soooo dark! And it won't let me edit them now. If you download them, they are much better.

sue

The whole thing is 4" square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61683[/ATTACH]

made in my sleep name tag!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62984[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61678.jpe   attachment-62979.jpe