View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 03:35 AM
quilter on the eastern edge

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I didn't smoke. My husband, Keith, smoked for 40 years and quit about seven years ago. His hobby is collecting knifes. He only buys knifes made in the USA. Most of them are very expensive. When he buys a high dollar knife, he tells me that he is spending the cigarette money his is saving. I tell him that since I never smoked, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Keith tried to quit several times and always went back. The last time, he said one night he coughed so much through the night, he thought he would die. Said he prayed and told God if HE would like him live, he would not smoke again. I've seen him try to quilt so many times and he was miserable. The last time, it seemed like it wasn't much of an effort at all. He said the times before, he didn't really want to quit, he enjoyed smoking. I guess that, plus the fact that he called out to God, is what made the difference
DH had a heart attack in August. He was a smoker of 40 years. The dr. told him he could smoke or he could live - those were his choices. DH hasn't touched one since. Hallelujah!!!