View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:14 AM
LovingIzabella

I firmly agree that any cell phone use whether it is an actual call or texting should not be allowed while operating a vehicle. One of the first states to pass the ban I believe (I may be wrong on the state) was Mass because a police officer was struck and killed by someone on their phone.

I leave my house for a reason-I miss the days when people had no way to get in touch with me. If I did not commute an hour one way to work I would not even own a personal cell phone. I think it is irresponsible of anyone to be on the phone while driving.

Emergency responders have radios for emergency use-why do they need cell phones? To me there is nothing more dangerous than a police officer who is already speeding and on the phone. If the law is good for the goose it needs to be good for the gander as well...just my two cents. I am not sure how the people who are expected to follow the law can be ticketed when those who are supposed to be enforcing it are "above it".

(just a side note I was a volunteer FF, have close friends who are responders and FFs and I myself was involved in a very bad car accident when I was 16 so I know how important emergency personnel are I just don't think cellphones are)

Hugs
April