View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 01:44 PM
dforesee

I had breast cancer in 2001, had lumpectomy, chemo and radiation, then remission for 4-1/2 years. In 2006 I had inflammatory breast cancer in both breasts, had double mastectomy, chemo, radiation and am still in maintenance therapy (herceptin by infustion every 3 weeks) as well as dealing with ongoing side effects from radiation on the side that was radiated both times. But I am in remission again, something that I was told in 2006 would not happen short of a miracle. Every day is a gift and I know how blessed I am. ALSO, if I had never had cancer I would not be a quilter today. While I was out of work for 5 months in 2002, I met a wonderful group of quilting ladies (Hons Quilting Bee in Montgomery, AL) who pulled me into their Thursday afternoon group and taught me this wonderful hobby that I have grown to love so much. I am a survivor today in part due to quilting as it gave me a reason to fight to live. You know once you start quilting, you cannot die until you have all of your UFO's done. HaHa - I guess that means I will live forever!