View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:25 PM
wvdek

Great topic and one that needs attention.

I will probably post here more than ya'all want me too. Too bad.

Oprah has done a show on texting while driving. In the age group of 16 -25, they are causing more DEATHS due to texting than anything else. Texting and driving is a whole lot different than eating and drinking, tho those should be curbed, too.
My DS is an over-the-road trucker. He has a bluetooth and uses it alot. When his bluetooth goes down and he has to use his cell, he pulls over. He says he cannot concentrate on all the idiots out there and drive while holding it.

He has had two close calls in the last three months. I will attach pics. He was driving down a four lane hiway and noticed a car weaving approaching from behind. He geared down because at the same time, the truck with trailer in front of him was slowing with turn signal on to turn at next intesection. DS said he saw movement out of left side, saw young women pass him while leaning over, she almost hit his front end as she swerved in front of him and guess what? Yep, she hit the trailer in front of my DS sending it and that truck into a downward spiral. DS almost hit her trying to stop, but managed to avoid it. Her car stopped almost three hundred feet down the road. The pics say it all. As DS ran towards her car to be sure she was ok, she jumped out and said, "It was all my fault. I am so sorry. I was reaching for my ringing phone". He assisted her back to her car as she was injured and told her to sit. He then checked the other driver. Thankfully he was ok. He was out surveying the damage.
Notice where the fire truck is. In front of the fire truck is an ambulance. In front of that is teh girls car. See how far it took her to stop!

Darn, that didn't work. I'll try again. One down, still trying. Rats, I cannot get these to load properly. Will keep working at it.

DS taking pic from truck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110400[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110395.jpe